You asked, we answered. Now, our team is hard at work developing a more sustainable ecosystem where you can profit from some of the most unique games in the space.
But before we get to that, allow us to reintroduce ourselves.
🏰 Defi Empire Games
The Defi Empire Games ecosystem officially launched on Feb. 7, 2022, and we released our first game, Jayce The Aspiring Adventurer — our take on the popular “miner” game, two weeks later.
Defi Empire Gold ($DEG) is our ecosystem’s governance token. It is the core token in Jayce The Aspiring Adventurer and the recently released staking platform. It will be at the heart of many future projects and games in the ecosystem.
Why we are Migrating to V2
Our V1 contract is immutable, meaning it can not be modified. While there are many positives to immutability, our project is suffering from some unforeseen consequences as a result.
Immutability provides trust in the project and its developers. And trust in a rug-happy space can be priceless. Unfortunately, we did not have measures in place to protect our project and loyal community members from whales who chose to repeatedly dump their tokens on the market instead of playing the game.
As the price of DEG continued to drop, our community requested we consider a V2 for the project. We held a vote, and the overwhelming majority (95%) of you wanted to move forward with V2.
While many details are still being worked out, here’s an overview of the improvements we’re working on in V2:
- Developing a V2 DEG and V2 ‘Jayce The Aspiring Adventurer.’
- Implementing a buy/sell tax.
- Implementing anti-bot measures.
- Implementing anti-whale measures.
- Improving the game contract to be more accessible to small investors too.
- Improving upon the flaws of V1 (token and game).
- Adding a discord channel for V2 suggestions, and considering all of the community’s suggestions before deploying V2.
- V2 will have a very small presale and the tokens bought during the presale won’t be sent to the wallets but straight to the game contract as hired adventurers, so that after listing the new token, no one will have any tokens to dump.
- V1 adv hired will be transferred to V2 game contract but DEG tokens won’t be to ensure that after listing the new token, no one will have any tokens to dump.
- Leaving the V1 (token and game) running as they are since the liquidity is locked anyways for 6 months.
- The V2 token will be the new governance token of the Defi Empire ecosystem.
- More details on the improvements will be announced soon, and updated on the whitepaper.
As you’ll note, our new features will prevent whales and bots from being able to manipulate the price action of DEG, while also attracting smaller investors.
⚔️What exactly happened to the DEG price?
The reason behind the price dumping like that is because of the crypto market in general being down and many similar projects failing and leaving investors with some losses, which pushed them into entering our project with the hopes of making up for all of their previous losses. So many whales and small investors bought DEG at presale or after launch and just held it to sell as soon as they saw an opportunity, and when the price didn’t reach the expected values (huge expectation for the DEG price) they chose to dump it. Most of those who sold recently if not all weren’t here for the long run, the proof is that the amount of DEG staked at the time didn’t change that much so those who sold didn’t even bother to stake it even though they can unstake whenever they want.
⚔️When will the migration from V1 to V2 take place?
We expect V2 to launch in the next 3 to 8 weeks. While that may sound like a long time, keep in mind we need to consider improvements on the token contract, the game contract, the interface/website/game and then implement all those before deploying them.
⚔️Will any adventurers I’ve hired transfer to V2?
Yes, all adventurers hired and saved by the snapshot will transfer to V2. Any adventurers hired after the snapshot will not transfer to V2.
⚔️Will my adventurers continue to loot gold in the meantime?
Yes, all hired adventurers, pre and post-snapshot, will continue to loot gold (DEG).
⚔️Will any V1 DEG I’m holding or staking transfer to V2?
No, V1 DEG will not transfer to V2. We do not want whales who still hold or are accumulating large quantities of DEG through their adventurers to be able to dump on the project once we migrate to V2.
⚔️If my current DEG won’t transfer, what can I do with it?
The liquidity for V1 (token and game) will remain running as the liquidity is locked for 6 months. So, you essentially have three options: stake your DEG for DMC, sell it for profit or use it to hire more adventurers, which, as a reminder, would only be for V1.
⚔️What will the new price of DEG be once the migration occurs?
V2 DEG will have the same initial price as V1 DEG — 1 BNB = 10,000 DEG.
⚔️Do you still plan on releasing the Outlaws vs. Guards NFT game?
Yes, we still plan on releasing Outlaws vs. Guards, though the timeline for its release has been pushed back due to V2 migration. The current whitepaper remains adjustable.
⚔️Wait, what’s DMC again?
DMC is the project’s utility token. It can currently be earned by staking V1 DEG on the DraCodex platform. DMC will be used to mint NFTs in the upcoming Outlaws vs. Guards game. DMC will also be used in future features.
⚔️What will DMC’s price be?
DMC’s price is not yet set.
⚔️Why were the DEG staking rewards reduced?
We reduced the rewards from 1 DMC earned for every 50 DEG staked for 24 hours to 1 DMC for 300 DEG staked for 24 hours following a community vote. We proposed the reduction in rewards to not overly dilute DMC since the staking period will be extended.
Trust and Transparency
We understand that the world of DeFi can be a risky place. It’s our hope that our actions have shown we truly care about this project and community.
Before launching Jayce The Aspiring Adventurer, we let the community decide whether or not the team’s 5 million DEG tokens should be locked for 3 months. You said yes, and we obliged. Keep in mind that these tokens won’t even transfer to V2.
We quickly implemented two highly requested features soon after launch: a simplified mobile version of the game as well as a progress bar to your next adventurer.
While a more official AMA is in the works, we’ve recently added a channel in our Discord dedicated to answering as many of your questions as possible. We also have many passionate community members who help answer some of the more common questions.
So, stay tuned, adventurer, we’re just beginning the journey.
Special thanks to DeFiDad for writing this article.
- Website: https://defiempiregames.com
- DraCodex Platform: https://www.dracodex.defiempiregames.com
- Whitepaper: https://defiempire.gitbook.io/defi-empire
- Jayce The Aspiring Adventurer: https://www.jayce.defiempiregames.com
- Simplified Mobile version: https://www.jayce.dracodex.defiempiregames.com
- Verified Adventurers Contract: https://bscscan.com/address/0xDe52fDe9F56A121bC46439FFa54008CaEd2759ba#code#L1
- Token Address: 0x799c633fcC867877E568CD590F4689FEb2993a75